Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Gathering Nuts and Other Such Jobs


Mr M returned to work yesterday, after 10 weeks off work. I have certainly got used to having him at home. I have so appreciated the work that he has done in the smooth running of the household. Things like getting the girls up in the morning and making their lunches. Running them to and from the bus and school, as well as their activities like ballet and netball. He has been food shopping and meal planning and has even been known to hang out the odd load of washing. He has played nurse when the kids are sick and has returned calls to teachers and filled out school paperwork. He has supported me to work more hours and take on some new work-related projects that have been time intensive. I am not really sure how I am going to cope with my workload now, considering how much he has done to help me. I have a small reprieve this week, with three work-free days (official work that is) so the real test will come next week when I commence working 5 days with a new mentoring role in addition to my kinder teaching. In the meantime we have a Deb Ball this weekend, so its off to dress fittings and hair appointments in my spare time. Plus there is that little issue of having nothing to wear!


P.S The sweet little squirrel plaque has come all the way from Nashville, USA to end up in a little opshop in the seaside village of Bass, on the way to Phillip Island. Of course I snapped it up for 20 cents. It has already found a home on the wall next to the pantry, which is currently rather empty with the noted absence of the food gatherer!

1 comment:

  1. It is so great that you have such a wonderfully supportive partner. Even if he is back to work he'll still be there for you supporting your juggling act.
    I don't know where I'd be without my partner too... I don't even want to think about it!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for coming to visit and sharing your thoughts with me. You keep me blogging!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...